At Detekt Air Quality Assurance indoor air quality assurance is our top priority and with that comes the health and wellness of our clients. Throughout your home or office you will find a number of different sources for indoor air pollution. Some of these include:
Exposure to mold in your home or work place can be hazardous to you and your family's healthiness and general well being!
Many professionals consider "biotoxin illness", or mold illness to be a co-condition of Lyme. When the body is exposed to mold mycotoxins during a Lyme infection, the system can weaken and suffer significantly. Mold exposure can also seriously exacerbate conditions such as COPD.
If you find yourself suffering from any of these symptoms, consult with you health care professional and seek indoor air pollution services now!
Most health problems related to exposure to toxic mold are related to the respiratory system, and include:
- Asthma attacks/worsening of asthma symptoms in people with the condition
- Development of asthma in people that did not previously have the condition
- Runny nose
- Stuffed up nose
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis (a lung disease similar to bacterial pneumonia)
- Pulmonary hemorrhage (acute bleeding from the lung)
- Allergic reactions similar to hay fever or other environmental allergies
Other toxic mold symptoms include:
- Itchy, watery eyes
- Sore throat
- Skin rash
- Burning sensation in eyes, nose and/or throat
- Opportunistic infections (like pneumonia; most common in immune-compromised individuals)